We have launched an Apprentice Charter, demonstrating our commitment to the support and success of our apprentices. The launch coincided with National Apprenticeship Week 2018.
During the week employers and apprentices from across England come together to celebrate the success of apprenticeships whilst encouraging even more people to choose apprenticeships as a pathway to a great career.
We recently welcomed four new apprentices, adding to the 12 who were recruited in September 2017.
The Charter clearly documents our responsibilities to our apprentices:
- High quality training and clear individual development programmes are provided
- Apprentices are supported and valued
- Apprentices complement the workforce, not supplement it
- Apprentices have a safe and friendly environment to work in
- Apprentices have a contract of employment
- Success is celebrated
- Apprentices are kept informed
- Apprentices have access to staff benefits
- Apprentices receive planning support for their futures
Emma Tooth, Apprenticeship Co-ordinator at Coast & Country, said: “Providing opportunities for young people is crucial to the future development of organisation and the region’s economy.
“It is also important that apprentices are treated with respect and supported to make the most of all the opportunities that come their way. This is why we have produced an Apprentice Charter, which sets out our responsibilities to our apprentices.”